Now for the Hodgepodge, with questions provided by our friend, Joyce, and answers provided by me. There are lots of others who answer the questions as well, so be sure to click on the Hodgepodge button to enjoy them all.
1. Thursday marks the first day of spring...to celebrate would you rather plant a garden or go for a walk in the woods? Would either of those activities be possible on Thursday where you live?
Definitely not plant a garden, so I would rather take a walk in the woods. Or if not the woods, then around the neighborhood. Preferably with my favorite youngest grandson. We enjoyed just such a walk last week, when the temps were warm despite the snow still on the ground.
It would be possible to take a walk on Thursday to celebrate spring's arrival if I can manage to get out there during the peak temperature window.
Of course, in a few short days, I will be returning to this beach, where walks are delightful. :) Better get packing!
2. When did someone last spring something on you? (or when did you last spring something on someone?)
When I think of springing something on someone, I think of announcing something not planned or expected. The most recent experience like that was when the pilot of our airplane taxied us to the end of the runway and then announced that there was an issue with the plane, and we would need to return to the gate. While springing something on someone doesn't always seem like a positive thing, and we were not excited about the change in plan, I would much rather error on the side of caution when traveling by airplane. Agreed?
3. We often think of spring as a time for new beginnings. What's something you'd like to start doing this spring?
I always need to get more exercise. Spring seems like a good time for that. And by exercise, I mean walking.
4. Where do you like to sit in a movie theatre? When did you last sit there, and what were you watching?
My preferred seat would be in the middle, about mid way up. The last movie I attended was Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2 with my favorite oldest grandson. I let him choose our seats.
Speaking of seats at the movie reminds me of one of my grandma's little sayings. If she noticed one of us scratching our, um, bottom, she would ask, "Are you going to the movie? Well, it looks like you're picking your seat!"
5. When you meet someone for the very first time, what do you want them to think about you?
That I am friendly and genuine. And a good listener.
6. March is frozen food month (yes, really!). Besides ice cream (gotta make you think a little) what's your most often purchased frozen food item?
We buy quite a few bags of frozen chicken breasts. It makes it easy to take out what we need for grilling or baking.7. What's something you avoid?
The dentist. Sorry, dentist friends. I know you are very nice people. I just don't enjoy visiting you at your workplace.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Since it is frozen food month, and since winter has hung on just a little too long, I thought I would share this version of 'Let it Go' from the movie Frozen. I don't know Maddie and Zoe, but it is one of the cutest covers (from hundreds) out there. And now that song is stuck in your head yet again. You're welcome. :)
Maddie and Zoe sing "Let It Go" from Frozen from Aaron Mendez on Vimeo.