Here are her questions and my answers:
1. American Idol is back for a 14th season. Are you watching? Have you ever watched? If you were to audition for the show (or were made to audition), what song would you sing?
I don't really watch any shows on a regular basis. (Except football, and that, sadly, is almost over for the year.) I'll watch Idol if I happen upon it, because it's happy and fun. (I avoid the shows that begin with ominous music and a dead body.)
As for the second part of the question, I am reminded of junior high and high school music contest in which I participated many, many years ago. Our choir director helped us prepare a solo or small ensemble piece which we would practice for a few months. On contest day, we loaded into buses and traveled to a university campus to perform our piece in small rooms in front of a judge. We checked the schedule when we arrived, located our assigned practice and performance rooms, and nervously waited our turn to sing or play for the judge. In eighth grade, I had prepared a vocal and a piano solo. I received first place medals for both solos that day, with perfect scores. It was the peak of my musical career. :) The song I sang was Bless This House, so if I had to audition for AI today, I think I would have to attempt a reprise (with no hope for a golden ticket).
2. Mark Twain is quoted as saying, "If it's your job to eat a frog, it's best to do it first thing in the morning. And if it's your job to eat two frogs, it's best to eat the biggest one first."
So when did you last have to 'eat a frog'? Or two? How'd that work out?
I can't remember having to 'eat a frog' recently, although I will admit to being a procrastinator of unpleasant tasks. Like going to the dentist. Or the doctor. :) I'm happy to leave that frog on the table.
3. If you were going on safari, what is the number one animal you'd want to see?
I have always loved the elephant march scene from The Jungle Book, so I'll choose elephants. Especially the babies. :)
4. January 21st is National Granola Bar Day. I know. Do you like granola bars? Chewy or crunchy? Your favorite flavor? How about regular granola? Let's exhaust this topic in honor of the holiday okay?
I like granola bars, chewy please, and these are my favorites. Yum! I usually have one for breakfast along with peppermint tea or vanilla coke zero. :) Regular granola is okay too, but I don't eat it often.
And although these bars aren't technically granola, I'll eat them too. Because, Drew Brees. :)
5. If only__the world could live in peace__.
6. You can add one item to your bedroom. What will it be? Keep it family friendly please.
I have been working on our bedroom makeover for a year. I have added new pieces, and I finally ordered curtains. That being said, what I could really use is a better closet. Or maybe I just need a Jill Martin Today Show closet cleanse. In fact, I could use her help all over the house. If only...
While we have had some bitter cold, and a little snow, the winter here, so far, has been relatively mild. That I like. :)
Yesterday was Haleigh's actual birthday, and though we had our big celebration on Saturday, we still marked her day with a few presents and dinner out.
I'm not sure this was her mother's favorite gift, but Haleigh seemed to like the Magical Mermaid who swims in her special light-up tank.Hopefully, the mermaid will behave herself, and the water will stay safely inside the tank. :)
She posed with her mermaid and her birthday crown from her preschool celebration. (One can never have too many birthday parties!)
We finished up the evening at our favorite, El Reparo, where she got to wear the birthday sombrero while the waiters sang to her.
Happy birthday, dear Haleigh...
happy birthday to you!
We love you! #fun2b5