Saturday, February 19, 2011

King George

Bryan and Jennifer got tickets for the George Strait concert for Christmas. Jim thought it was such a good idea, that he got us some too. Earlier this week, we found out our friends Beth and Gordon were also going, so we all got together for dinner before the show at Weber Grill
Bryan and Jennifer.


Beth and Gordon. I especially like the cute little boy looking over the the booth next to us.


And Jennifer even took one of Jim and me.


After dinner, we headed over to Conseco. It was such a mild evening, that we didn't even need coats. Big change from a couple weeks ago when we were covered in ice and snow. We saw the WFMS truck on the way over.





We stopped for a quick group picture before we headed inside. Since we didn't purchase our tickets together, we were seated in different sections of the arena.


Bryan and Jennifer.




First up, was Lee Ann Womack.


She was very good, and sang my favorite song of hers, "I Hope You Dance."


Andrew and I danced to that one at his wedding.


We even spotted Kirsten and Tom in the crowd. They were just a few rows behind us.


And way across the arena, we could see Bryan and Jennifer. I think Jennifer was singing along.


After Lee Ann, it was time for Reba.


She was awesome and sang lots of her great songs,


including "I'm a Survivor" from her TV show. I always loved that show.



One of the most touching songs, for the whole audience it seemed, was the one about her dad, "The Greatest Man I Never Knew."





She gave a great performance, and headed off stage, only to return in a miniature yellow cab to do one more song...


her signature, "Fancy."




And after Reba, it was time for the main event, George Strait! If you're not a fan of George, you should probably click away since there are, um, several photos of him from here on. :)


He sang lots of our favorites.


Blue Clear Sky.


Check Yes or No.


I Cross My Heart.


Breath You Take.


How 'Bout Them Cowgirls.


The Chair.


And of course, I had to get a shot of the back.


The Fireman. See the flames around the arena?


Can Still Make Cheyenne.


He headed off the stage with a wave.



But returned for an encore and had some fun with his band. 


Then he shook hands all around the stage.


The Cowboy Rides Away.


No comments: