Thursday, July 21, 2011

Cuppa Cuppa Salad Luncheon

My friend Ree, (you do know my friend Ree, don't you?) well, I think of her as my friend, even though she knows me not. You know her as the Pioneer Woman, or at least you should. Anywho... my friend Ree recently posted a recipe for Truvy's Cuppa Cuppa Cuppa Cake from the movie, Steel Magnolias. It looks yummy. But the point of this little intro is that the 'Cuppa Cuppa' thing reminds me of this salad we make every summer in a women's group to which I belong. Each lady brings a cup of fruit and a cup of vegetables. We mix it all together and it makes a wonderful delicious salad! It's like magic, really.
 
Today was our luncheon, and it was, as usual, a tasty success. 
Here are a few of the 'cups' waiting to become a salad.

We start with a bit of lettuce in a big bowl.

The fruit goes in another bowl.

We add the veggies to the lettuce bowl.

And a little more fruit in the fruit bowl.

The veggie salad is ready to eat. 
We usually have 3 or 4 dressings available to top it off.

Nancy mixes the fruit.

And serves it up in little cups.

My favorite part of the lunch?  The yeast rolls, of course. 
Lynne made them this year, using Nancy G's no fail recipe. 
They. Were. Awesome. 
I think Lynne will be the all-time roll maker.

This group of ladies is ready to dig in.

And this group is waiting to fill their plates.

A beautiful, simple lunch. 
And there might be a very good chance that 
the roll on my plate is not the only one I ate. 
Just sayin'.

No comments: