Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Happy Happy Hodgepodge!

It's Wednesday Hodgepodge time, and a very special one at that. Today is the birthday of our Hodgepodge hostess, Joyce! Won't you all click on the button and leave her some internet birthday wishes? She is nursing a bad foot, and would appreciate some comment love on her special day. She's not 20 anymore (her words, not mine). Happy Birthday, Joyce!


1. When did you last sing happy birthday to someone? When were you last sung to? Does that embarrass you or do you enjoy being the center of attention on your special day?
We sang to Jim on Saturday at the tailgate. It was just a day early but most of the kids were there to help celebrate. I prefer not to be the center of attention on my birthday.

2.  Name a famous or 'infamous' person (living or deceased) who shares your birth day and month. Is that someone you'd like to meet in person if it were possible?
I had to look this one up, because I didn't know any famous people born on my birthday. I did find a couple worth meeting.
Patrick Dempsey because, well, McDreamy.

And county singer Trace Adkins.
Because of this song, one of my favorites. Because well, Then They Do. So true.



3. Someone hands you a box tied up in a lovely bow...what are you hoping to find inside?
Gee, well, I don't know... tickets to the ball game or a Broadway show? For the whole family? And dinner out after? Can that all come in a box with a bow?

4. What can you guarantee about yourself?
I'll get it done, but I'll use every bit of the last minute to do it. 

5. Talking art and beautiful cities here...'The Last Supper' in the Santa Maria della Grazie Abbey in Milan Italy or 'The Mona Lisa' in The Louvre, Paris...which would you most like to see up close and in person?  Why?
My first thought was The Mona Lisa because I have never been to Paris, but I have never been to Milan either, so I'm picking both. Because I can.

6. Your favorite dessert?
I wrote about Peppermint Ice Cream Dessert in this post, and included the recipe. It is one of my favorites. I don't like to call any one dessert my favorite, though, it makes the other desserts feel bad. 

7. This coming weekend marks the official start of autumn (in the Northern hemisphere)...what is something you do to get ready for fall? What is one thing you're looking forward to on your fall calendar? Spring or fall-which do you prefer?
Fall means football around here. It means getting the tailgate box ready and preparing for Saturdays at the stadium cheering on our Boilers. We have plans to attend a couple Saints games this fall as well, and I'm looking forward to that. 

Fall also means harvest, and I love the sound and smell of corn in the dryer building behind the house. I also love the memory of wagons of corn, bright blue-sky days, and kids on the farm. (See #2, Then They Do.) I think fall is my favorite, but I do enjoy living where we can experience the changing of the seasons.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
Baby Noah is 4 weeks old today! These photos were taken back when he was just a wee lad of 6 days. Enjoy!

Snoozing in the cradle that his great great grandmother slept in.



No comments: