Wednesday, April 15, 2020

So Ya Gotta Hodgepodge 'Til Tomorrow

Back in my old blogging days, I regularly participated in Joyce's Wednesday Hodgepodge. Joyce took a break from the Hodgepodge for a bit, and recently brought it back for both her old and some new participants. It's always fun to answer the questions, and share our posts. While I'm very rusty at this blogging thing these days, I thought I would give it a go today. Thanks Joyce for bringing us together!



Here are her questions and my answers:

1. In Monday’s post I mentioned I would incorporate the word I was given for letter K into this week’s questions. That word was karaoke. On a scale of 1-10 how excited would you be to find out there was karaoke happening at your next gathering/outing with friends? 10=gimme that microphone!, and 1=I suddenly remembered there’s somewhere else I need to be. Have you ever actually done karaoke? If you had to perform karaoke what would be your ‘go-to’song?

I'm not sure I would do it in a public forum, but possibly with family and friends, so my number would probably be a 5. My friends and I did a lot of singing in our rooms back in our college days, which sometimes included standing on a chair with a curling iron microphone, but I don't think that officially counts as karaoke. (I don't think there was even such a thing as karaoke back then. I know, I'm old.)
One of my 'go-to' songs back then was Tomorrow, from the musical Annie. I think it's a good song for today since we are all hoping the sun will come out. Tomorrow.



2. How do you listen to music these days? Favorite app or do you listen the old fashioned way? Do you have music playing often in your home? Is there still a CD player in your car?

I use my phone for music, and sometimes Alexa. I do still have a CD player in my car, and I do still use it occasionally. I know, I'm old.

3. The HP lands on US tax day this year. Or what used to be tax day before everything including filing your taxes was cancelled, delayed, postponed or extended. FYI- filing your taxes has not been cancelled, only delayed for a bit.

Besides staying away from anyone and everyone, what have you found taxing lately?

Too much news. Too little sports.

4. You’re without power so no oven, and you can’t open your frig or freezer in order to keep what’s in there from spoiling. And you don’t have access to take out. What will you make us for dinner?

Peanut butter and banana sandwich? Chips?

5.  I’ve seen this exercise going around Facebook and thought it would be a good one to include in the HP...what are five things everybody seems to love and go crazy for that you personally don’t care for?

To each his own, but here are mine:

sushi
Netflix binge watching
Starbucks
Hallmark movies
It's a Wonderful Life



6.  Insert your own random thought here.

I know that grocery shopping in the time of COVID-19 might be taxing for some. I, however, have discovered the miracle of grocery pick-up, and I may never go inside a grocery store again. We only have a few grocery options in our little town, and the one nearest to my home is Wal Mart. I have been so pleased with the ease of ordering, the check-in, and the pick-up process. I have been getting groceries for both my parents and myself, and it has made things so easy. I check in on my phone when I leave home, and the associate is literally waiting for me when I pull into the pick up spot. I open the back of the vehicle, the groceries are loaded, I thank them profusely, and I'm on my way. Safe and efficient.

Have a safe day, friends.



7 comments:

Carla from The River said...

Hi,
I agree with the too much news, and not enough sports. We are huge baseball fans. In fact our Spring Training trip was canceled.
Oh my, do I miss listening to baseball.

Cathy said...

We've been using the grocery pick-up since 2016. We still go in for quick orders, but the main grocery shopping is pick-up. I'm with you on the sushi, but I like the other things. lol

Have a great day!

Stephanie said...

I'm completely with you on "it's a wonderful life". I have never been able to stand that movie

ellen b. said...

I'm missing my soccer for sure. I'm not a fan of It's a Wonderful Life, either. Glad you discovered grocery pickup. I'm too much of a control freak for that. :) Hope the rest of your week goes well.

Anonymous said...

I love my grocery delivery - just not the sanitizing I have to do when it arrives. I doubt that I will ever shop the same way again!!! My in-laws do the Walmart pickup and love it. They're in their 80's, so this works well for them.

Joyce said...

It's a Wonderful Life is not my favorite either. We can't get groceries delivered here (or even pizza for that matter) but you get used to it. It takes me half a day now to shop, get it unloaded, 'sterilized' and put away. Such a chore. So nice to see you in the HP this week!

Tammy Enjoy Life said...

I love peanut butter and banana sandwiches.