Wednesday, April 29, 2020

A Super-Dee-Duper Hodgepodge

It's Wednesday, so I thought I would see if I could put together some answers for Joyce's famous Wednesday Hodgepodge questions. She asks the questions, and we do our best to answer them, linking back to her blog to share the fun. Click on the button below to visit Joyce, and the other WH participants.



And now, her thought provoking questions, and my answers. 

1. Expect the unexpected on From This Side of the Pond. Here's my x-ray question...when was the last time you felt like Superman? What's your superpower? Explain.

Unexpected indeed. I thought an x-ray question would have to do with broken bones, and raising five kids definitely provided multiple opportunities for broken bone stories!


But back to the actual question. The last time I felt like Superman? At the Superdome, of course. It's always SUPER at the Superdome! Who Dat!


Not sure I have a superpower, but I am an enthusiastic superfan, ever grateful, ever true to my Boilermakers (Boiler Up!), and to my Saints (Who Dat!).

2. Are you a fan of the 'superhero' type movies? If so what's your favorite? 

I am not a huge fan of 'superhero' movies, and I can't think of many I have even watched.

I have watched this one though, so it is my favorite.


You just gotta love a superhero family. And gems like this:


3. Have you postponed or cancelled a trip to the dentist in recent weeks, and if so when do you think you'll feel comfortable going back? How about other routine medical procedures?

No dentist appointments scheduled, so none cancelled. And I'm never comfortable going to the dentist. Or the doctor for that matter. I pretty much avoid it if at all possible. 

4. What's something that makes you feel youthful? Something that makes you feel 'not so youthful'? Tell us why.

What makes me feel youthful? My grandchildren? A Zoom call with my high school friends? We haven't changed a bit! Lol. 


Not so youthful? I don't know? My grandchildren? Getting up in the morning? Lol.

5. I feel compelled to include some sort of corona related question in the HP these days. What's the strangest thing you've seen in relation to the virus? Something that really struck you as odd, made you stop and think, 'Dorothy we're not in Kansas anymore?'

I'm not going out, so I haven't really seen anything strange in person, but seeing the empty streets of New York and New Orleans is definitely eerie and strange. Will we get back to busy crowded streets again?

Angels Weiss/AFP-Getty Images

Chris Graythen/Getty Images

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

My friend Katie Peslis is a wonderful singer who has recorded a Karen Carpenter tribute album that is just fabulous. If you are a fan of the Carpenters, you will definitely want to check it out. She can also sing like any Disney princess you've ever heard. Katie has been doing 'Quarantunes' each day during this COVID-19 pandemic, and posting them on Facebook and Instagram. I love them all, but a recent favorite is here, on the 'Top of the World'. She has the voice of an angel, and besides that, she is adorable. 


Have a great Wednesday!



2 comments:

ellen b. said...

Hello Susan, It was nice to read your answers to the questions this week. You do sound like a super fan for sure. I'm a super fan of the Seattle Sounders (major league soccer) :)
I'll have to click over and give a listen. I was a Carpenter fan back in the day!

Joyce said...

I am definitely going to listen to the singer you mentioned. Hubs and I were just talking about Karen Carpenter last night after one of her songs came on the Pandora station we were listening to. She had the clearest sound with absolute perfect pitch. I saw your message and will pass it along to my daughter and one of us will get back to you. I need her to update my pics as well. Stay healthy!