Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Sweet Summer Hodgepodge

Trying to blog from the lake to join the Hodgepodge. Had a little trouble uploading photos this morning for some reason, but it seems to be working now. Be sure to click on the button to check out Joyce and her Hodgepodge friends.

1. Summer's here-whoohoo! What's your favorite sight, sound, AND smell associated with summer?

Since we purchased the lake house last spring, this has been my favorite sight of summer. I also enjoy the sounds associated with it. The birds in the morning, ducks on the water, the squeals of kids splashing, the sound of boat fun on the lake, and the laughter of friends and family gathered together.

My favorite smells of summer all seem to be connected to food. Hmmmmm...
Burgers on the grill...

strawberry shortcake... (is this a sight or a smell?)

and yummy fish sandwiches from the county fair. The fair is full of all kinds of sweet summer smells: shish kabob, pork barbeque, lemonade, and yes, even the livestock barns have a special summer smell that I like. I know, call me crazy.

2. Fireflies or lightning bugs...what are they called in your neck of the woods?

Lightning bugs for sure.

3. What is something from the past week that reminded you of your childhood?

My mom and I took Matthew and Haleigh to Columbus, and we ate lunch at an ice cream parlor. It reminded me of the neighbor of my grandparents who always took us for ice cream when we were visiting. She would fire up her big blue Cadillac, and off we would go to Baskin Robbins.

Matthew enjoyed his hot fudge sundae at Zaharakos. Sweet!

4. Define 'the good life'.

'The good life' reminds me of "The Good Stuff" by Kenny Chesney. He will be in Indy this weekend, and though I'm not going this time, I think I have been to 3 of his concerts. This has always been one of my favorites.




5. Tell us what we'd see if you took a snapshot of your desk/work space?

Scattered rhinestones, glue bottles, wax sticks, and other messiness. That's how creativity goes.
Sorry, no snapshot available.

6. Peaches or watermelon...yes, you have to choose.

I like them both, but I'll say peaches. I like both best if someone has already done the cutting.

7. Ever been skinny dippin'? Is that too much for the Wednesday Hodgepodge? Rest assured we won't need details...unless of course you feel you must but remember, this is a family friendly blog so keep it G rated.


Never. I know, shocker.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

We spent some time in the new Commons in Columbus on Tuesday. The new indoor playground is awesome!


Matthew climbed right to the top.

Several times.








Haleigh watched.

Matthew helped her go round and round.

And then she found a tunnel to crawl into. Bye bye Haleigh!

No comments: