Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Gone Tubing, So Call Me, Maybe?

Lake time means tubing time, and Matthew and Margaret were ready to go for a spin.

Now, the little ones tubing on the big lake makes me a bit, um, nervous.

They, however, were not nervous at all.

I was keeping my eyes on them, and letting Jim know when I thought he needed to slow down.

They were feeling quite comfortable, as you can see.

Jim thought if they were letting go of the handles, it must be time to go a little faster. I disagreed.
I think Margaret is channeling her inner cowboy here.

They were showing big smiles, while I was just praying to make it to the end of the lake so we could bring them in.

Now she's going hands free too. I really wasn't interested in going in after them, but I was ready.

We got to the cove at the end of the lake, and pulled them in, only to be told that they weren't finished yet. We made the turn at the beach, and headed back the other direction.

If you thought I was nervous, you should have seen Nana.
And there she is.

They made it back safely, and a good time was had by all.
Well, except for the nervous ones in the boat.


Jennifer and Bryan opened a gift from the Williamsons, a carving made by one of their friends in Haiti.

Jamalyn told them about the beautiful headboards he carves, but that would have been a little too big to bring back home with her.

Ted and Dara came for the day, and headed back home on Sunday night.

An evening fire...

and a snuggle in the hammock as the day winds down.

And there's even time for an evening boat ride.
Kyle and Kristen.

Shylah and David.

Shylah, David, and Shylah's dad, Don.

Jamalyn and Margaret.

Matthew, Kyle, and Kristen.

Andrew and Darci.

Adam (who was being uncooperative), and Alli.

Oh, Adam.

Shylah, Matthew, David.

And singing the song of the weekend (maybe of the summer), Matthew and David:

Hey, I just met you,
and this is crazy,

but here's my number,
so call me, maybe?

Where you think you're goin', baby?

I miss you so, so bad.

So call me, maybe?

No comments: