Wednesday, October 10, 2012

A Record for the Hodgepodge

Another week, another Hodgepodge. As always, we thank our host, Joyce, and encourage you to join the fun by answering her questions then linking up to share answers all over the Internets. Be sure to click on the Hodgepodge button to see what everyone is up to this week.


1.  In what ways do you indulge yourself?
Dessert. Obviously.
Do you remember this? I still dream about this sometimes.

2.  Have you ever taken a cooking class?  Any interest?  What type of class would you most like to try?
I have not taken a cooking class. I could use a cooking class. I have often said I know how to make about three things, so by your third meal with us, you have tasted my entire repertoire. :) It's pretty close to the truth. I think it would be fun to take a cooking class with a group of friends who were in it for the fun of it. Of course, I would assume that the learning would be followed by the eating. Which would always interest me. See answer above.

3. What does it mean to be a good citizen?
There are many, many ways to be a good citizen. Voting is one of them.
The teacher in me likes the poster below, given as an example of a lesson for 2nd and 3rd graders. I think it's a very good start, and expanding these simple ideas might just make the world a nicer place. For all citizens. Of the whole wide world.

4.  'Tis the season of the political advert...do these ads influence your vote?
These ads just make me tired. Tired. Of. Political. Ads. And I'm not sure I can believe any of them. Kind of like what you read on the Internet. Present Hodgepodge company excepted, of course. :)

5.  What's something you see today that makes you wish you were a kid again?
Not sure I want to be a kid again, but how about this playset?
That might make be wish for those childhood days...


6.  What's your least favorite cliche?
Been there, done that.  
It just seems like a way to be dismissive with someone by implying that their experience is so ordinary that it isn't even worth discussing.

7.  What percentage of your Christmas shopping has been completed?  How does that make you feel?
10%. Or maybe less. I guess it feels about normal for me. A few years ago I discovered my two favorite words at Christmas. Online shopping. Don't make me go to the mall.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
This time of year it will surprise no one that my random thought has to do with football. And an exciting thought it is, too.
On Sunday night, our favorite quarterback, Boilermaker, and all around good guy, Drew Brees, broke a record set by Johnny Unitas by throwing a touchdown pass in 48 straight games.
Even after a record breaking game (and first win for the team), I love it that he sent this tweet out on Tuesday:



Great day already. Spent the morning at Audubon Park w the boys and now Callen is napping on Daddy’s chest. Doesn’t get any better!
 (source)
 Being Daddy to his three little boys is way more important than football.
 As it should be.

No comments: