1. How did you ring in the new year?
We had a nice evening at our house with friends and family, starting with beef tenderloin for dinner followed by peppermint ice cream dessert. Two of my favorites.
After dinner, we adjourned to the basement for games while the clock ticked toward midnight. We played Apples to Apples, Taboo,
2. What is one thing you are looking forward to in 2013?
There is much to look forward to in 2013! One thing is our spring break trip to the beautiful Seven Mile Beach.
3. Steven Spielberg is quoted as saying, "All of us every single year, we're a different person. I don't think we're the same person all our lives." What say you?
I agree. I think every experience, every trial, every joy, every sorrow, and every person we meet can be a vehicle of change in each of us. The choices we make in response to each of these events are the result of our core being, but they are choices nonetheless, and have the capacity to elicit change and growth as each year passes. It reminds me of my favorite song from the musical Wicked:
I've heard it saidAnd here's a little clip from the musical if you'd like to take a look. So good.
That people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led
To those who help us most to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return
Well I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you...
...I do believe I have been changed for the better
Because I knew you
I have been changed for good.
4. The Pantone color of the year for 2013 is emerald green. Like or dislike? Do you already own something this color? Will you add something in this shade to your home or wardrobe in 2013?
The only thing I can think of that I already own is a pair of socks with shamrocks that I dig out every year on St. Patrick's Day. I like the color, though, so I may need to buy some green for 2013.
5. Speaking of emerald...what's your favorite gemstone?
I'll choose diamonds, dah-ling.
6. Share a favorite book or movie from 2012.
The most memorable book I read in 2012 was the Hunger Games. I read the series, and it is surprising even to me that I enjoyed the books, since I'm not one to have much interest in cold-blooded killing. The characters are, however, interesting and sympathetic, and the plot is engaging, although difficult. I also enjoyed the movie, which aligns very closely with the book, which is not always true of books-made-into-movies.
7. What is something you want to tell yourself at the start of this brand new year?
No, you do not need another brownie.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I shared this photo on Facebook this morning. I had an early appointment, and as I backed the car around in the driveway to leave, this is what I saw. My brother would say, "God's showing off this morning." I agree. Have a beautiful Wednesday!