Wednesday, August 28, 2013

It's the Hodgepodge, Baby!

It's Wednesday, and though I don't have a lot of time for blogging today, I'll make this one a 'new grandchild' edition. Little Noah James was born last Wednesday, and I had the blessing and honor of sharing in his birth with my daughter and her husband. What a joy to welcome him to the world. You can read about his birth day here, and watch a slideshow of his birth story here. So special.

So in keeping with my theme, my answers will all be baby related. Enjoy!
1. Labor Day weekend (in the US of A) is approaching...what's something you've labored over this year?
Well, I wasn't the one laboring, but watching my daughter was almost the same thing. But easier.

2. What is one word to describe your 'job' or career?
Granny to these three...
and brand new little Noah.

3. What was your worst or least favorite job ever? Why?
I don't think I had a 'worst' job, but the hardest and best are one in the same... being a mom. (So far, being Granny is much easier. :) )

4. How do you measure contentment?
Well, this is one way.

5. Pickles-like or dislike? What is something you eat that requires a pickle? Dill, bread and butter, sweet gherkins...what's your favorite kind of pickle?
Dislike pickles of all kinds. It's a texture thing for me I think. 
But this little guy might be called a sweet gherkin (whatever that is). He's got the sweet part down. :)

6. In your current house-town-state, what is it you like living close to?
Our grandchildren, of course.

7. What is one thing on your 'want-to-do' list before summer draws to an official close?
Spend some more time with this little guy.
And get ready for football season, of course. Who Dat! 

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
There is something so special about those first precious days with a newborn. I am so grateful I was able to share in that with sweet Noah. They did a little photo shoot yesterday with the patient and talented Sarah, of LinneaLiz. I can't wait to see the rest!

No comments: