Sunday, November 29, 2009

Be Thankful

We gather together to ask the Lord's blessing....

I am thankful for our home. For tables and chairs, for heat and hot water, for soft beds and washing machines and for electricity.

I am thankful for food to eat. For stoves and microwave ovens, for my refrigerator and my dishwasher. For cold drinks and ice cubes and ice cream.


I am thankful for the abundance with which we have been blessed. For enough food, enough clothes, and enough room to be comfortable. For the opportunity to travel, to receive an education, and to celebrate milestones together.


I am thankful for my family. For my husband, our parents, our children, and our grandchildren. For our extended family and for friends who are part of our family. We bless one another with patience, with wisdom, with shared laughter, and tears, and with unconditional love.


I am thankful for the ability to choose. The food we eat, the clothes we wear, our course of study, our point of view. For the gifts that make us strong and unique. For the ability to give and receive love in a variety of ways.

I am thankful for those gathered at our table, and for loved ones near and far. For the love we've shared, and the lessons we've learned, and the strength we've gained on the bumpy and winding journey we call life. May we always try to give more than we receive, to learn from our mistakes, to discover strength in our weakness, and like that old mule in the well, to turn obstacles into opportunities.


And Matthew says, "God bless us, every one!"



No comments: