Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Sunshine on the Hodgepodge

Another summertime Wednesday, and that means time for the Hodgepodge. Our hostess, Joyce, invites us over to her place every week to answer her thought-provoking questions and share the fun. Be sure to click on the button to pay her a visit.

Here are her questions and my answers:
1. What summer activity most takes you back to your own childhood?

The county fair. Although there have been some changes since I was a child, fair-goers can still pick up a duck and win a prize, take a ride on the ferris wheel, check out the 4-H exhibits, walk through the livestock buildings, take a little one on the merry-go-round, and enjoy a refreshing homemade lemonade on a hot summer day.


2. What's your favorite summer smell?

Chlorine. Because it reminds me of this:

3. It's beach season in the US of A...so how do you feel about sand?

I like sand 'cuz sand means beaches. Beaches mean vacation, and vacation means family, fun, and building our traditional giant sand turtle. Yep, sand is good.

4. Sun tea, SunChips, sunflower seeds, Capri Sun, Sunny Delight, Sun-Maid raisins, sun-dried tomatoes...your favorite food or beverage with sun in its name?

Sun tea for sure. I don't make it much any more, but over the years there were many summer days when my gallon jar sat on the counter brewing tea.

5. What's your favorite way to cool off on a hot summer day?

In the water, with a refreshing beverage!

6. Share a favorite song with the word sun or sunshine in it's title.
There are lots of good ones, but I'll have to pick John Denver, Sunshine On My Shoulders.



7. Tell us about a time you had an exceedingly good or truly awful customer service experience. If it was awful, did you report it? Ever go back there again?

While I have experienced the good, the bad, and the ugly in regard to customer service, I'm sharing a story of the good:
Several years ago our big (expensive) Weber grill had some kind of a flame-up while one of the boys was grilling, shot flames out of the control panel, and melted the knobs on the grill. I had purchased it at a locally owned hardware store, so I called to see what they thought had caused it, and what I should do to correct it. The store owner was quite concerned and surprised that it had happened, and promised to call the company to see what they could do for us. In no time at all, they delivered a brand new replacement grill. It was definitely exceedingly good customer service, for which I wrote a note of appreciation to the owner of the store. 

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

Praising God that this sweet friend had clear scans at her appointment at MD Anderson this week. God is good!

Noah was so pleased that he had a case of the baby giggles!


3 comments:

Joyce said...

I'm not surprised to hear about Weber. They're a nice company. Oooh, the baby giggles are too precious : )

Marla said...

I love your daily picture at the beach around the giant turtle! Very cool! I also chose John Denver's "sunshine on my Shoulders" . It's an anthem to sun and summertime, It makes me happy!

Cathy said...

What great news for your friend and Noah is adorable! Love that picture with the sand turtle! So cool!