Monday, June 10, 2013

Lake, Cake, and Take (me out to the ball game)

I will just have time (and power) for a quick peek at our weekend. I just realized that I left the power cord for my computer at the lake, and it's fading fast!

Andrew and Darci invited our friends Matt and Shelly and their two girls for a weekend at the lake, and I got to go too! :)

The kids didn't waste any time getting in the water, even though it was freezing a bit chilly.


Haleigh was a little more reluctant,
but with Abbi's help,
she got in!
Ella preferred to sit on the dock and have a little snack.
As did the adults.
The parents went out to dinner, while I stayed behind with the young ones.
We had fun with moon dough,
and made suncatchers out of plastic beads and cookie cutters. I don't have process pictures, because I was a little busy! :)
Dilly bars for dessert were enjoyed by all.



Makenna wanted a picture with Gumbo on the rocking horse. Everybody loves Gumbo.
When the parents got back, we enjoyed this amazing cake made by Darci. 
Ah-maz-ing!
Meanwhile, this group (plus Jim and Boomie) enjoyed celebrating Jonathan's birthday at the Reds game. Too bad the Reds didn't cooperate with the celebration!

No comments: