Friday, March 8, 2013

Five Years on a Friday

It has been a busy week, with more 'busy' still to come. On Tuesday, I volunteered in the 'baby room' at MOPS. I enjoy those littlest Moppets, and am thankful for the opportunity to help the community of young Christian moms who gather to support and encourage one another. I remember some days at home with small children when I longed for adult conversation. I did manage to get myself out and about with friends and volunteer organizations, which helped me to not go completely crazy. (I guess that might be my own opinion. Ha!)

After MOPS, I met a friend for lunch, and we did some furniture 'browsing'. She is thinking about new dining room furniture, so we visited an Amish furniture store just north of here and found some beautiful pieces. It's always fun to shop!

On Tuesday evening, the big snow moved in, and it snowed all night. Schools were closed in our county, but that didn't stop me from making the trek over the river and through the woods up the interstate to the city to do my civic duty as a juror on a grand jury. It is a 6 month term, and we meet about 4 days a month. Needless to day, it is interesting. Especially for a small town girl like me. (Can I still call myself a girl?)

I spent the night at Jennifer and Bryan's, and got to hang out with this pup. What a sweet face.

On Thursday, I met a friend for lunch, and we ate at Trader's Point Creamery in Zionsville. It was my first visit there, and I had the lunch special mac n cheese, with broccoli, bacon, and other good stuff. Delicious! Of course, the cheese is made right there on the farm. I also purchased some lavender-mint milk soap.

Our day was finished with a trip to Whole Foods, another first for me. I really should get out more!

And finally, today is the 5th wedding anniversary of my oldest son, David, and his wife Shylah. That day was marked by a March snowstorm similar to the one we had this week. It made for a few challenges, but, in the words of our wise pastor, "at the end of the day, they were married."

This is as close as they got to seeing each other before the ceremony. Such a cute picture.

And their wedding party had lots of fun.

Happy Anniversary, David and Shylah!


I'm linking up today for Friday Fragments at Half-Past Kissin' Time. Click on the button to check it out.
Mommy's Idea

No comments: