Monday, October 11, 2010

The Joys of Fall

Between my broken camera, and internet connection issues, I have been on a bit of a blogging break. The weather, however, has been perfect, and Jim and I were finally able to get back to the lake for the first time since Labor Day weekend.

Friday was a beautiful morning at the lake, and when Gumbo and I went outside, we saw 5 deer walking from the lake's edge through the neighbor's yard, and back to the woods. I didn't have my camera, and was afraid they would be gone if I hurried to get it. I grabbed Gumbo, and we just watched them walking right past our garage. Later, when I went down to the dock, I saw this evidence that they had been there for a drink.


The sun created a beautiful reflection of trees in the water.

Fall color in Brown County, Indiana is hard to beat.


Looking out from our upper deck.

We left the lake Friday afternoon so Jim could attend a meeting and I could pick up Matthew from school. We went to the Courthouse to check out the Farmers' Market, and I got Matthew to pose for a couple pictures. Doesn't he look handsome in his glasses?

And smart?

He decided he wanted to buy banana peppers, and selected five. He lined them up by size on the ledge.


We also made a stop at Crafts and Occasions, his "favorite store." That's what Grannys are for, right?

No comments: