Sunday, October 31, 2010

A Trip Down Halloween Lane

We always enjoyed Halloween at our house. We sewed costumes, carved pumpkins, and attended parties. We never had any trick or treaters out in the country, so we loaded up the van and headed to the homes of family and fans. It was a pretty quiet holiday for us this year, no grandkids around, no pumpkins to carve, and no parties to attend. Sad, I know. Well, I didn't miss the sewing part. :)

So... I decided to take a trip down Halloween Lane to share some of our favorite memories.

Off to see the Wizard in 1988. One of my favorites.

A dalmatian, a turtle, a lamb, a cow, and a brand new little baby calf in 1990.

101 Dalmatians (well almost), in 1991.

Disney characters in 1992. Peter Pan, Captain Hook, Tinkerbell, Pinocchio, and a little Dalmatian. Don't you love little Jonathan Pinocchio on the end there?

And I think this must be 1993. We've got a cowboy, a football player (wearing a baseball cap?), a black cat, an elephant, and one kid missing from the picture. I think Jonathan was thinking about that Pinocchio picture when he opted out of this one. :) You can just see the edge of his turtle costume on the left side of the photo.

Of course, most of these costumes are still safely stored in the archives of my closets. Sad, I know, but not surprising to most. :)

Happy Halloween!

What are your favorite Halloween memories?

No comments: