Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy New Year Hodgepodge

Happy New Year! I thought I would start out the new year with the Wednesday Hodgepodge. Always on Wednesdays, and always so much fun. Thanks to Joyce for hosting this fun little get-together each week. Be sure to click on over to pay her a visit, and check out the other Hodgepodge participants as well.
 


1. What are three words you would use to describe your 2011?
Blessed. Good. Fleeting.

2. Do you like shrimp? What's your favorite way to have it prepared?
I love the Bang Bang Shrimp at Bonefish Grill. Delicious! I don't use the chopsticks though.

And because I can, I'm also including another favorite, the shrimp cocktail at St. Elmo's in Indianapolis. Spicy and delicious as well.

3. Is your house de-Christmased? If so when did you tackle that job? If not, when will the decorations come down?
I hope to de-Christmas the house today, or at least get the tree undecorated. We had our last Christmas gathering here on New Year's Day, so I wanted to leave it up for that. Kids were still here on Monday, Tuesday has passed, so hopefully I will get to it today. Of course, I will have almost 2-year-old Haleigh and her little sister Ella here all day, so I may find better things to do. :)

4. Do you like to watch scary movies?
Definitely not. I don't even watch CSI or any other show in which a dead body appears in the first five minutes. Give me a happy show please.

5. ice skating~sledding~skiing~snowboarding~of the four listed which wintertime activity do you most enjoy?
I don't really like to be cold. Even less so now that I'm, well, um, older. I have never been on skis or a snowboard, but did my share of sledding and ice skating when I was much younger. I will choose ice skating though, as I always had dreams of being the next Peggy Fleming. (Yes, I'm that old.)

6. Did you have a childhood hideout? Describe it.
We had a tree house that my mom built for us. It was great. We also built, with our neighbor kids, a little wooden clubhouse in a vacant field behind our houses. Thinking of those two 'hideouts' reminded me of another such place, a green trailer behind the dance studio where my best friend and I would go between dance classes to eat our Dairy Queen treats. She may read this, so I will be curious to see if she remembers 'the green thing' as I do.

7. What's a place or space that motivates you?
Motivates, hmmmm..., well, I am usually motivated by something I read, and that can happen in any place or space. Honestly, I think I am motivated more by time than by space. You know, my friend, the last minute? A great motivator.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
This little cutie is 8 months old today! She was crawling around in her Saints tutu after watching Drew Brees and the Saints win their last regular season game on Sunday. She'll be cheering for them on Saturday night as they face the Lions in the first round of the playoffs. Can you say Who Dat!
Happy 8 months birthday, Ella Kate!

No comments: