Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Mad About the Hodgepodge

A quick Wednesday Hodgepodge, then I'm off to meet with Jennifer for lunch and some wedding planning. We are a month away from the big day, and I'm beginning to get a little stressed. And I know that's desserts spelled backwards, but I gave them up for Lent. Maybe I should have given up being stressed instead!

Be sure to pay Joyce a visit at From This Side of the Pond, and check out the other Hodgepodge participants too!

1. What's the last job you did that required elbow grease?
Cleaning the horse stall? I did that yesterday, and I don't know if it was elbow grease I was using, but there was a bit of an odor to it. Ha! I would imagine I will get the opportunity to use some elbow grease this weekend when we head to North Carolina to move my son and daughter-in-law out of their house to their new one in Ohio. Wish I could wave my magic wand and have it be done!

2. March Madness, aka the men's Division I basketball championship, is nearing an end. What sort of 'madness' has your house seen this month?
We started out the month with a lovely bridal shower for daughter Jennifer, then had these two cuties with us for a whole week. A blessed madness.

But the main kind of March Madness in this family, is the traditional basketball kind, complete with a family bracket challenge.
Son Jonathan tweeted after the last round of games:
"in a family full of fanatics looks like @stewzoo is gonna be the champ." 
That's me, and at the moment, I'm #winning.
Look at me on top of the leader board above my boys and my husband. So proud. :)

3. What's your favorite shop for browsing?
I love to look around in Home Goods. So many neat things to see. Jennifer and I once spent two hours just browsing. I think I may need to make a trip there soon. Isn't this a lovely Easter table?

4. Is there ever a time when giving up makes sense?
Yes...

5. What's a song you love that contains the name of a city, state or country in its title?
The first one that came to my mind was Heads Carolina Tails California, recorded by Jo Dee Messina, but there are sooo many great ones. Callin' Baton Rouge, by Garth Brooks, Amarillo by Morning, by George Strait, and I can't leave out John Denver's Starwood in Aspen. Love him. I guess country singers like to sing about real places.

6. When did you first begin using a computer?
Isn't it funny how it's hard to remember ever not using a computer? I guess we got our first one when our kids were little... so maybe early 90s? We got it for them, really. Remember Oregon Trail? They loved that game.

7. Did you buy girl scout cookies this year? What's your favorite?
I did not buy any this year. I have found that a whole box of GS cookies can disappear just about as fast as you can open a sleeve of thin mints. I decided to avoid the temptation. My favorites? The delicious Samoas. And did you know that Keebler makes a very similar cookie available in the grocery store year round? Well they do. I know these things.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
Last weekend we made a quick trip to the lake, and ate dinner at one of our favorite places in Nashville, Indiana. Now there's a great place to browse. This shop was closed, but they leave all sorts of pretty flowers and containers out on the sidewalk for all to enjoy.

Such a cute little pig.

It made me want to plant pansies at the lake house.

Jim said the deer would probably like them even better then the impatiens we planted last year.

No comments: