Thursday, June 17, 2010

Super Ring

The Saints received their Super Bowl Champion rings this week, in a private ceremony at the Roosevelt Hotel. Jim and I stayed there when we went to see them play last November. It's a beautiful place.

The rings are beautiful as well. They were made by Tiffany, and contain several features commemorating the Saints' special season. The diamond in the center represents their first Super Bowl win. There are 16 diamonds surrounding the face, which represent each of the 16 wins. Forty-four diamonds encircling the ring represent the 44th Super Bowl.

Flip the ring on its sides, and on one shank, there's the score, the Super Bowl XLIV logo, the game date (engraved as "02.07.10"), the location ("Miami, FL") and the NFL shield. On the other shank is the player's name, number and position as well as a city skyline design, featuring the Superdome, a Carnival float (complete with riders holding the Lombardi Trophy aloft) and a line of music notes from "When the Saints Go Marching In." Very cool.

And very beautiful.

I thought you would also like to see my favorite quarterback and his pretty wife showing the new ring. Hope I can see it in person next week when Drew makes a stop at Purdue. I plan to be there. And I'll probably take my camera. :)

No comments: