Friday, April 9, 2010

Our Horse Fair is a Great Horse Fair

It's Hoosier Horse Fair week, and I have been a volunteer there for a few (many) years now. My current duty is making the 2000 or so badges for vendors, equine exhibitors, and volunteers that serve as identification and admission to the fair. Thankfully I get help from my husband - the badge master - with this task. On Tuesday, I delivered the vendor badges to the fairgrounds to be stuffed in their packets before the big move-in on Wednesday and Thursday.

This is what the Blue Ribbon Pavilion looked like on Wednesday. Very empty.


The packets are ready and waiting for the vendors to arrive.

On Thursday, the set-up is in full swing. It's fun to see all the neat things the vendors bring. Like this pink tractor. I love it!

One of our fearless and efficient leaders, Dave, speaks to the volunteers at Thursday lunch.

The draft horses get out for some exercise early each morning.

Working hard, or hardly working?

Getting ready for a demo.

My friends Jerry and Barbara Garner with their carriage. They're from Wabash, Indiana. Did you know it was the first electrically lighted city?
Love these little cuties.

The horse on the right just saw the donkeys. What are those little things??

That's one way to move a saddle.

And I just love this little pony.

Stay tuned for more updates throughout the weekend!

No comments: