Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A Shoe-tiful Day

I had to make a trip to Indy today to deliver badges for the Hoosier Horse Fair, so Jennifer and I decided to meet for lunch and do a little shopping at Clay Terrace. We had a great lunch at Paradise Bakery. Their cookies are awesome.


It was an absolutely beautiful day, and we enjoyed the pansies they had planted in all the large planters along the streets of Clay Terrace. On a day like today, an outdoor mall was the perfect way to shop.

We got a chuckle out of this apron in one of the shops.

After a few stops along the way, we spent a good bit of time shopping for shoes. DSW has quite the selection. Hundreds of shoes, thousands of shoes, millions and billions and trillions of shoes! (My apologies to Wanda Gag, author of Millions of Cats a great, classic book, by the way.)
These are cute. I thought so when I bought them at Target for half the price. :)

These are definitely not for sissies. Or old folks like me. Of course, I was never one for heels. Not terribly efficient for chasing kids.

These were on the sale rack. I can see why.

Jennifer was looking for some black dress shoes, and modeled several styles. I liked the bling on this pair.

These were pretty, but she thought they were a little too "promish."

Too flowery.

She finally decided on a pair that was "just right." Really makes the outfit, don't you think?


No comments: